I was talking with one of my wonderful friends tonight and turns out we both make our own chicken stock. It’s really a great thing. She told this story about how one of her friends is only going to have chicken bouillon for her food storage because she is going to grow the rest in her garden. I thought it was great.
So, I promised my chicken noodle soup recipe, and here it is. I came up with this one on my own. It was the beginning of me creating my own recipes. I did a lot of research for this one. I read a lot of other chicken noodle soup recipes that were already out there, and I asked a lot of people how they made theirs. This recipe is what I came up with, and it is really delicious.
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 8 oz of egg noodles
- 1 lb of diced chicken, cooked
- Cook onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in EVOO.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15 minutes.
I use a tiny little grater to grate my garlic into the pot.
I chop a bunch of baby carrots into fourths, so I don’t have to buy baby carrots and regular carrots.
I just add noodles by the handful until I think there’s enough.
I cut my chicken using cooking scissors to speed things up.